Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch (German)
Paprika pasta – A creamy pasta sauce made in the oven with roasted red bell peppers and feta seasoned with hot smoky paprika fill this dish with cozy flavor. Can also be turned into creamy paprika chicken pasta. A comforting pasta dish the whole family will love! Jump to Recipe
This Creamy Paprika Pasta recipe with red peppers and feta is the perfect comfort food with a spicy kick from smoky paprika!
This has become a staple recipe in my home and I love that I can make the sauce in the oven. It’s so easy! Just toss all sauce ingredients in a baking dish and let bake, then blend and toss with the cooked pasta. Done.
It’s a delicious vegetarian pasta dish that can also be served as a side dish alongside grilled chicken breast or fish.
If you love pasta as I do, this Creamy Paprika Pasta recipe will soon become one of your family favorites in no time!
As a pasta lover, I am always experimenting with pasta sauces and easy pasta recipes for weeknights. This is a prime example of a vegetarian pasta that is big on flavor, super hearty, and satisfying. No one will miss the meat.
What makes this paprika pasta so good
- you can make this in just 30 minutes
- the sauce is made in the oven – hands off!
- sweet & smoky: the sweet paprika flavor combined perfectly with the creamy cheesy roasted red bell pepper & feta cheese sauce
- leftovers taste amazing the next day and you can turn it into a casserole dish
- it freezes and reheats well
- good quality pasta – I like a broader pasta like fettuccine or pappardelle for this recipe. Long pasta is a great fit here and you want to cook the pasta al dente.
- tomato paste brings on the umami
- ground paprika powder – I used sweet paprika but I think you could use smoked paprika if you want a deeper, spicier flavor. As with all ground spices, the fresher your paprika is, the more flavorful the dish will be. Always check your spices to ensure freshness and the best flavor.
- fresh garlic – if you want add some garlic powder too
- good quality olive oil
- Paprika – a combination of hot and smoked paprika to give the dish a wonderful hot smoky punch.
- Italian seasoning – oregano and rosemary and ground fennel seeds as well as black pepper
- Cream – use thick double cream for a silky smooth finish. Use cashew cream sauce for making it vegan
- Lemon – a little squeeze of lemon juice helps to cut through the richness of the sauce.
- Feta for that creamy tasty cheesy hit, every pasta dish should have!
- a good quality dry white wine gives the dish a wonderful depth of flavour and cuts through the creaminess of the sauce. Sub with red wine.
The beauty of this recipe is how easily adaptable it is. You can swap out and add things. Here are a few ideas:
- Add some spinach or arugula
- add some lightly steamed broccoli florets
- Stir in some frozen peas.
- Make it a pasta bake by adding the pasta and sauce to a casserole pan after mixing everything in the pan. Top with grated mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast for an extra hit of umami flavor.
Make it Chicken Paprika Pasta
For creamy paprika chicken pasta add a chicken breast to the casserole dish and bake along with the peppers. While you blend the sauce let the chicken rest in the baking dish. Then once the pasta and sauce are mixed, chop and stir in the chicken.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Can I make this paprika pasta vegan?
How do I store leftover paprika pasta?
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
Can I freeze this?
Yes! Divide the pasta into serving size portions, transfer them to airtight containers and the portions freeze for up to three months. When you want to eat it, allow the pasta to defrost in the fridge, and reheat gently on the stovetop.
More delicious pasta recipes to try:
Lactose Free Carbonara with Mushrooms
Creamy Paprika Pasta
Paprika Pasta - A creamy pasta sauce made in the oven with roasted red bell peppers and feta seasoned with hot smoky paprika fill this dish with cozy flavor. Can also be turned into creamy paprika chicken pasta. A comforting pasta dish the whole family will love!
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 red onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 60 ml olive oil - 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds optional
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chili optional
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 100 g feta roughly diced - 2/3 cup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- a dash of white wine optional
- 150 ml vegetable broth or chicken broth 1/2 cup + 2 tbps
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- some fresh lemon juice optional
- 250 g pasta - tagliatelle uncooked 8 - 9 oz
- fresh herbs to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390 F. Halve and se-seed the peppers and cut into chunky pieces. Cut the onions into eigths. Peel the garlic cloves and press them lightly.
Place the olive oil, tomato paste, and herbs and spices in an oven dish and mix well. Add the peppers, onion, feta and garlic and stir.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Meanwhile cook the pasta al dente.
Remove the vegetables from the oven, deglaze with a dash of wine, broth and cream and stir well making sure to get all the good stuff from the bottom of the pan. Puree the mixture in a blender or with an immersion blender, adding the sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice and pour everything in a deep pan.
Drain the al dente cooked pasta and add to the sauce in the pan and mix well. Toss briefly in the pan again and leave to stand. Scatter Parmesan over the pasta and serve.