Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch (German)
My easy Apple Cinnamon Mascarpone Parfait recipe feature a rich mascarpone cream and stewed cinnamon apples. Tastes like apple pie in a mason jar! An easy dessert perfect for the holidays. Jump to Recipe
Mascarpone Parfait with Cinnamon Apples – the perfect easy dessert for Christmas
These Mascarpone Parfaits with Cinnamon Apples are one of those desserts that can be done ahead of time and are very easy to make. You could also call these apple pie parfaits as they are literally tiny jars packed with apple pie filling and cream.
These parfaits are made with Mascarpone, a soft Italian triple-cream cheese, similar in texture to cream cheese but, well, richer. You can substitute regular cream cheese, but the parfaits won’t be as flavorful.
To lighten up our Mascarpone, we mix it with some Greek yogurt and sweeten it just a bit. A touch of almond essence is optional but I love it. We sweeten the cream a tad – you can use homemade vanilla sugar, regular sugar or any sweetener you enjoy.
The mascarpone cream gets layers with cinnamon apples that we sautee in brown sugar and butter mix. It smells and tastes like apple pie filling! So good!
- brown sugar for caramelizing the apples – you can use coconut sugar instead
- unsalted or salted butter
- white wine or calvados
- cinnamon or gingerbread spice
- lemon juice
- Greek yogurt – the thick kind
- vanilla or almond essence for the mascarpone cream
- sugar or monk fruit sweetener for sugar-free
I like serving my mascarpone parfait in little mason jars alongside a glass of homemade German Apple Mulled Wine. They just look so pretty.
- You can replace white wine or calvados with apple juice
- Instead of almond essence, use vanilla
- If you like raisins, feel free to add some to the apple filling or add cranberries
More Christmas Desserts:
- Gingerbread Mousse
- Gingerbread Mascarpone Cream Dessert
- Hazelnut Cookies with Nutella
- Traditional Linzer Cookies
- German Apple Wine Cake
★ Did you make and love my Apple Cinnamon Mascarpone Parfaits recipe? Give them your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Apple Cinnamon Mascarpone Parfaits
- 5 apples - peeled cored and cut into cubes
- 50 g butter - 3 tbsp
- 70 g brown sugar - 1/3 cup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tbsp calvados or baked apple punch
- 250 g mascarpone / 1 cup
- 250 g low-fat quark / 1 cup
- 2 tbsp sugar or alternative sweetener
- 3 drops of bitter almond flavor
For the apples, peel, core and dice the apples. Put the butter, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a saucepan and simmer briefly without stirring.
When the sugar is starting to caramelize add the apple pieces and calvados. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring once in a while. The apple pieces should be soft but not completely overcooked. Remove apple chunks with a slotted spoon .Place in a bowl.
Simmer the caramel sauce remaining in the skillet for another 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Now add the pre-cooked apple pieces again and mix in the lemon juice. Put the pot aside and let it cool down.
For the cream, mix the mascarpone, yogurt, sugar or sweetener and bitter almond flavor. Layer in jars or glasses.