Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch (German)
This easy Vegan Mug Brownie recipe comes together with simple ingredients in 1 minute! This chewy and fudgy brownie in a mug is the easiest chocolate dessert you will ever make! Jump to Recipe
Looking for a single serve brownie? Make these Vegan Mug Brownies – they are the best sweet snack when your sweet tooth is calling for a chocolate fix!
Serve your brownie in a mug with a scoop of vegan ice cream for the ultimate treat! These delicious vegan mug brownies are the best single-size dessert ever!
Made in a coffee mug using super simple ingredients like soy milk, flour, melted coconut oil, and dark cocoa powder this vegan mug brownie recipe comes together in a few simple steps !
Learning how to make an easy vegan mug brownie is powerful knowledge, you guys, and a great way to get a fudgy brownie while practicing portion control.
After you have gone crazy over my vegan cinnamon roll mug cake, I wanted to provide you with another vegan recipe – this time a delicious vegan mug brownie. One of the best things ever made with basic ingredients!
What is a mug cake?
Mug desserts are a great thing, you guys! Think of mug cake as a quick single-serving cake that’s whipped up in your mug and baked within minutes.
Usually in a microwave but you can also make this individual brownie recipe in the oven. These single serving desserts usually take only about a minute or two to make, and the result is a moist vegan mug cake that is sure to satisfy your chocolate craving. Yay for easy recipes.
What’s not to love about single serving cake? Instead of having to make a whole batch of brownies you can now just make one single vegan microwave brownie to get that chocolate cake fix!
So incredibly convenient and so tasty! I don’t know about you but I usually only want a couple of spoons of dessert anyway and I find one cup of this is just enough to get that satisfying chocolate flavor and that divine fudgy texture.
Can I make this vegan brownie in the oven?
YES. If making in your oven, preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and bake in about a 3.5-inch ramekin (ensure it’s oven safe) for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Can I make these gluten-free?
Yes, just use a gluten-free flour blend like 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour by bob’s red mill
For making a sugar-free mug cake replace sugar with the same amount of erythritol and use sugar-free chocolate chips.
Why is my mug cake so spongy?
Oftentimes overmixing the batter is the problem! You might also have added too much oil to the batter or might have overbaked the cake.
SERVING VEGAN MUG CAKE
This mug cake is best served immediately, straight away from the mug. You can also serve it flipped over a plate but it won’t look as beautiful.
The best vegan toppings are:
- a scoop of vegan peanut butter ice cream,
- a drizzle of vegan salted caramel sauce,
- vegan whipped coconut cream,
- a drizzle of peanut butter or almond butter.
Tips for making vegan chocolate mug cake:
- I recommend you use a wide short-ish mug as this allows for the cake to rise higher.
- Ensure to stir dry ingredients and wet ingredients together well. You don’t have to go whisking for minutes on end, just ensure your entire mug cake batter is smooth without any lumps sticking at the bottom.
- You might want to adjust your baking time based on your microwave and maybe add an extra 10 seconds.
- You want a fudgy vegan mug brownie so do not overbake these! Leaving your cakes in the microwave for longer than recommended will make your mug cake gummy and dry. It’s better to take them out a bit too early than too late. Remember that the mug cake will keep on cooking while it’s cooling so it’s better to slightly underbake it.
- Let it cool for like 3 to 5 minutes before digging in. It really does make a difference, like how you’d let a cake or brownies cool first!
- As a coconut lover, I like making these with melted coconut oil and coconut milk but any plant-based milk will do and melted vegan butter or any vegetable oil will lead to great results as well.
- I add dark chocolate chips to the batter and sprinkle some more on top
- The espresso powder helps enhance the chocolate flavor, and so does the salt so I recommend you don’t skip these additions
More vegan desserts to try:
Recipe for German Rhubarb Cake
★ Did you make and love this Vegan Mug Brownie recipe? Give it your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Vegan Mug Brownie
This easy Vegan Mug Brownie recipe comes together with simple ingredients in 1 minute! This chewy and fudgy brownie in a mug is the easiest chocolate dessert you will ever make
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or any oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons non dairy milk any vegan milk works
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder Instant
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or a sweetener of choice I use cane sugar, you can use brown or coconut too
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour or gluten free flour mix*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 big pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
In a mug, add in the oil, milk, Instant espresso powder, sugar or sweetener and cocoa powder. Whisk together for about 15 seconds. Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract.
Stir to combine ensuring it’s all incorporated and that you get the bottom and sides scraped well too. Add in the dark chocolate chips and fold in. Feel free to sprinkle some of them on top.
Place the cake your microwave for 65 seconds. Better to take it out 5 seconds too early than too late. It's okay if it's slightly undercooked in the middle because it'll continue to cook a bit while it cools down. No one minds a melty middle but everyone minds a rubbery cake. Remove and let cool for about 3 to 5 minutes for best texture.
If making the mug brownie in your oven, preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and bake in about a 3.5-inch ramekin (oven safe) for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
this looks amazing!!! the espresso is a great addition
ohjaaaa!! deinen Zimt Schnecken Kuchen liebe ich ja!! aber Schoko ist einfach Mal das genialste!!! super lecker