This easy vegan tahini caramel sauce takes only for ingredients and works every time! Drizzle it on ice cream, over brownies or use it as a tart filling! Refined sugar-free & paleo!
Salted Caramel Sauce aka liquid gold gets a vegan makeover in this easy 4 ingredient tahini caramel sauce – what’s not to love! Especially when you can make it refined sugar-free too.
Caramel lovers will agree with me that homemade caramel sauce is simply the best! Those store-bought jarred sauces are just very sweet and often not very interesting. But making caramel at home can be challenging! And sometimes it needs to work on the first attempt, right? This is where this recipe comes in!
Vegan Salted tahini caramel sauce – takes minutes & needs only 4 ingredients:
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
Tahini is already amazing in baked goods and drizzled over ice cream, vegan rice pudding or vegan pancakes – so adding it to a caramel sauce is a no-brainer.
The result is a tahini flavored nutty caramel sauce that tastes a bit like liquid halva. Rich, creamy, golden – you will want to pour it on everything. Of course, it’s great as a topping for ice cream but guys, you could also use it for making vegan chocolate cups for Valentine’s Day!
I absolutely love the texture of this vegan salted tahini caramel sauce. It is super silky and creamy, yet a bit thicker than regular salted caramel sauce. More like fudge. Plus that tahini flavor takes the caramel to another level.
- It is light golden in color so I like to add a bit of espresso powder to add more depth of color!
- Drippy Tahini works best here. Should your sesame paste be on the thick side, add more maple syrup to thin it out or add some more coconut oil.
- If you like this recipe, try my vegan coconut caramel popcorn!
- I sometimes like to add some ground cinnamon, ground cardamom and ground cloves to this – so good with Greek yogurt or my vegan coffee ice cream.
- Store in a lidded jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Vegan Salted Tahini Caramel Sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup date syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder for darker color optional
- In a small saucepan heat tahini, espresso powder, maple syrup and coconut oil over low heat. Add salt and stir until combined.
- Transfer caramel into an airtight jar/container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
The consistency of the caramel depends on the thickness of the tahini. The thicker the tahini paste, the thicker the caramel sauce.