This Triple Coconut Ice Cream is the real deal and as coconutty as it gets. It has both coconut cream and coconut milk as a base and is speckled with toasted coconut flakes! A Coconut Lover’s Delight!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites
The secret to the best coconut ice cream: toast your coconut!
Coconut Ice Cream is one of my all time favorites at the Ice Cream Parlour! Too often though I find plain old Coconut Ice Cream to bland and lacking texture! I like mine loaded with coconut flakes and bursting with flavor! I tried several recipes using coconut extract, fresh coconut, coconut milk, and syrup. In the end, I found the game-changing trick: toasting the shredded coconut! This actually makes perfect sense as most nuts get a boost by roasting and toasting. This simple step takes your coconut ice cream to a whole new level of deliciousness.
So simple, so effective! I used sweetened coconut flakes for my Triple Coconut Ice Cream! Due to the added sugar, the coconut flakes brown very quickly so better watch carefully when you toast them! You want a golden crunchy nutty delight in your ice cream, not black bitter specks!
This ice cream has the toasted coconut folded right in, with lots leftover for dipping and sprinkling. I love the slight crunch and the chewy bits in this coconut ice cream. The flavor is incredibly coconutty. And it’s all 100 % natural coconut flavour with no artificial additions!
Use coconut cream and coconut milk for ultimate creaminess and richness!
For the ice cream base, I used rich coconut cream and coconut milk. You can either do the same thing or just use coconut milk!
I find that the addition of the thick and creamy coconut cream makes this ice cream especially delicious and rich.
Almost as if there was white chocolate in it. For real. A scoop of this ice cream tastes like one big Raffaello truffle.
Add a splash of Malibu Rum for a Caribbean twist!
I decided to go the extra mile and added a splash of Malibu Rum! It makes this ice cream taste just like the holidays and day-drinking on the beach!
And who doesn’t like some beach-vibes on a grey and rainy summer day?
Anyway, if you’re a coconut lover you just gotta try this ice cream!
For me, coconut is an all year round ice cream flavor and I also love to make it in winter! Imagine a scoop of this coconutty goodness in your hot chocolate on a rainy winter day!
My product recommendations:
Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites
Triple Coconut Ice Cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups coconut cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup rum optional
- 3 tbsp. cream cheese 1.5 oz, softened
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, stir together 1⁄4 cup coconut milk and the cornstarch; set slurry aside. In a 4-qt. saucepan, whisk together remaining milk and the coconut cream, sugar, syrup, and salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 4 minutes; stir in slurry. Return to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Place cream cheese in a bowl and pour in 1⁄4 cup hot coconut milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Then whisk in remaining coconut milk mixture and the rum. Pour mixture into a plastic bag; seal, and submerge in a bowl of ice water until chilled or just chill it in the fridge over night. When ready to churn, toast your coconut in a large pan until golden brown and set aside to cool while you churn your ice cream until soft serve consistency. Now slowly add the cooled flakes to the still churning ice cream until incorporated.
- Fill the ice cream into a container and put into the freezer until firm enough to form proper scoops.
- Enjoy with plenty coconut flakes on top!