This Mango Sriracha Pulled Chicken Burger Recipe is a must-try this bbq season! A healthy alternative to pulled pork that is lower in fat and free from sugar! Sweet, smoky and slightly spicy and so juicy – simple divine!
This Pulled Chicken Burger recipe is perfect for using up a leftover rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken.
Why you will love this Pulled Chicken Burger Recipe:
Do I need a rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken to make pulled chicken?
Nope, you don’t even need to get a whole chicken, Instead, you can quickly cook chicken thighs or breasts in an Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. Here are instructions that teach you how.
How to shred a cooked chicken:
- The quickest way to shred chicken meat is with a hand mixer! To do so, place the chicken in a large mixing bowl, then use a hand mixer on low speed to break the chicken meat into little shreds.
- You can also shred the chicken meat the good old fashioned way using two forks. Or your hand forks aka. your fingers. Just be sure to let the chicken meat rest until it is cool enough to handle safely.
How long does Mango Sriracha Pulled Chicken last in the fridge?
If you are a meal prepper like me, go ahead and make a big batch of pulled chicken on Sunday night. You can safely keep in the fridge for a week.
★ Did you make and love this pulled chicken burger recipe? Give it your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Mango Siracha Pulled Chicken Burger
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat pulled off the bones
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 Tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 Tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 bunch spring onions chopped
- 1 can sweet corn drained - or chickpeas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Burger buns of choice or turn this into lettuce wraps
- chopped cilantro
Pull the chicken meat from the bones of a cold rotisserie chicken. Peel and cut the mangoes into cubes and puree half of the cubes with an immersion blender or processor.
In a pot, combine the shredded meat, the mango puree, vinegar, sriracha, tomato paste, Worcester sauce, the broth and the spices and bringt to a boil. Now let simmer on low heat until the mixture has thickened. This should take about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the spring onions and drain the corn.
Season the pulled chicken mix with salt and pepper and add the fresh chopped spring onions, corn, and mangoes.
- Cut your burger buns in half, toast them if you like, and add a generous helping of mango siracha pulled chicken to each bun.
- Drizzle with a bit of extra siracha sauce and serve with fresh cilantro on top!
You can make this recipe even healthier and gluten-free by swapping the burger bun out for lettuce. Hello chicken lettuce wraps!