This easy vegan chocolate orange oatmeal breakfast bowl recipe is a healthy, and delicious breakfast idea for chocoholics that is perfect for your meal prep. It tastes like a comforting bowl of warm chocolate with a burst of orange flavor. Jump to Recipe
There’s nothing quite like a warm, cozy bowl of oatmeal to start off the day. I love curling up with my brownie batter oatmeal! However, now in winter, this Vegan Chocolate Orange Oatmeal is my favorite way to get my dark chocolate fix. There is something festive about the chocolate orange flavor combination! If you’re a dark chocolate lover and a fan of the orange chocolate combo, then this chocolate orange oatmeal recipe is definitely for you!
Chocolate Oatmeal that is Healthy, Vegan, Sugar-free & Packed with Antioxidants
I’m a huge fan of all things dark chocolate as I find it a lot more satisfying than milk chocolate. And hey, the darker the chocolate, the higher the percentage of cocoa! Why is that good? Well, cocoa has very high levels of antioxidants and also has a positive impact on blood pressure and cholesterol levels. So I would say this makes for a good excuse to eat more chocolate!
While this breakfast may taste decadent and just like dessert, it’s made with simple and healthy plant-based ingredients that pack a nutritious punch. The base of this easy chocolate orange oatmeal recipe is made with antioxidant-rich raw cacao powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and rolled oats.
After cooking, the oats are topped with chocolate-dipped orange slices, and your choice of chopped nuts, seeds, or nut butter.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Bowls
This easy vegan chocolate orange oatmeal comes together on the stovetop so quickly that you can make it on any given morning! Simply mix some rolled oats with chia seeds, raw unsweetened cacao powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg in a saucepan and give the ingredients a good stir. Then, pour in your milk of choice.
Bring the oatmeal to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer on low heat. Continue to cook and stir for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed by the oats and they are nice and thick. If you prefer your oats on the runny side, feel free to add a splash more milk as desired. Stir in the zest.
Remove the vegan chocolate oatmeal from the heat and serve it into bowls. The recipe makes 2 oatmeal bowl servings. Top each bowl with orange slices and other toppings as desired.
The combination of fiber, protein, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates provides you with energy to fuel you all morning long.
If you’ve been wondering what to add to oatmeal, you’re in luck!
More Oatmeal Bowl toppings:
- almond butter,
- hemp seeds
- cacao nibs.
For more delicious vegan oatmeal recipes:
★ Did you make and love this chocolate orange oatmeal bowl recipe? Give it your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Vegan Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Bowl
This easy vegan chocolate orange oatmeal recipe is a healthy, and delicious breakfast idea for chocoholics that is perfect for your meal prep. It tastes like a comforting bowl of warm chocolate with a burst of orange flavour.
- 1 cup rolled oats best if toasted
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or 3 tbsp Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 large orange zest + fruit
- Toppings:orange slices dipped in chocolate
- Mix rolled oats with chia seeds, raw cacao powder, sweetener, salt and cinnamon in a saucepan and stir ingredients to evenly disperse them. Pour in almond milk or other unsweetened milk of choice and stir again.
- Bring the oatmeal to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to cook and stir for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in orange zest in the end. If you prefer your oats a little more runny, feel free to add a bit more milk as desired, or serve with a splash of milk.
- Remove the cooked oatmeal from heat and serve it into bowls. Top with orange slices, orange zest, and other toppings as desired. Enjoy!