These Cranberry Chai Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect easy bake for the holidays!
If you are looking for a little sweet something to bring to this year’s Office Christmas Party or to one of the many festive gatherings that are awaiting us, I’ve got the thing for you!
Moist and fragrant Cranberry Chai Cupcakes with a to-die-for Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
Aren’t cranberries just a perfect ingredient for Christmas baking ??? Not only do they add this fruity and slightly tangy touch to your bakes, but they are also the perfect decoration.
I´m not a big fan of buying sparkling baking decor or spending extra time or money to make something look pretty, so I just always keep a bag of fresh cranberries in my fridge and put them on everything that´s supposed to look Christmas-y.
These Cranberry Chai Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are easy to whip up so if you´re looking for a quick but show-stopping holiday treat you just found the right recipe!
You can prepare both chai spice muffins and frosting in advance and put the cranberry cupcakes together a la minute. Some fresh cranberries and a few drops of maple syrup on top – voilá!
The Cranberry Chai Cupcakes were a huge success with my family and a great means to introduce the “Chai-thing”, that the older generation might be unfamiliar with!
You should definitely try them out – this Christmas cupcakes recipe is a keeper!
★ Did you make and love this Cranberry Chai Cupcakes recipe? Give it your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Cranberry Chai Cupcakes with Spiced Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
For the chai spice seasoning
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
For the cupcakes
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter 1 stick, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chai spice seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cups chopped fresh cranberries
For the frosting
- 1 block cream cheese 8 oz., at room temperature
- 4 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp chai spice seasoning
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 20-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds to loosen. Gradually add sugar, about ¼ cups at a time. Leave butter and sugar to cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together flour, chai spice seasoning, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Return to butter and sugar. Lower speed to medium and add in vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl, then turn to low speed and alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down sides of the bowl and fold in cranberries.
- Using a standard-sized scoop or a scantly filled ¼ cup measuring cup, fill each muffin well two-thirds full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, in the pan, for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting by creaming together cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on the medium setting. Add vanilla and chai spice seasoning and beat until fully incorporated. Add confectioners’ sugar, ½ cup at a time as well as the maple syrup, until frosting reaches desired sweetness and consistency. Frost cupcakes when they are completely cooled.